Our Policy Regarding Children. Our Websites, Services, and Software are not intended for children under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from such children. In the event that we learn we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under the age of thirteen (13), we will take reasonable steps to erase and otherwise remove this information from our records. Parents who believe that we might have any information from or about a child under thirteen (13) may submit a request to email@example.com and we will promptly take the necessary steps to remove all such information and to notify you of the same.
Information We Collect. Depending on the manner in which you use our Websites, Services, and Software (including the games and applications you access), we may collect a variety of information and data. Below is the information we may collect and how we obtain it:
- We may use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Websites. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. If you disable session cookies, many of the services and products we offer will not operate correctly.
- In some cases, we use persistent cookies to enable us to track and target our Website visitors’ interests and to enhance their overall experience. If you check “remember me on this computer” when logging on the Websites, we may set a persistent cookie to store your username and password so that you do not have to enter it more than once. A persistent cookie is removed when you uncheck the check box.
- Advertisers. Some of our products employ advertising and purchase incentives, which are embedded in the game or service or are provided in conjunction with it. In these cases, we permit these third parties to serve these advertisements and to collect information about how you use our product or Service, including the device you use, your operating system, your login information, wireless carrier, and the geographical location.
How We Use Your Information. Primarily, we use the information that we collect from you to improve our Websites, Services, and Software, and to otherwise promote new products and services. We may also use your information for any of the following:
- To help us administer our websites and products. We may use your information to allow you access to our Websites, Services, and Software, and for other administrative reasons.
- To resolve problems. We may use your information to help us locate and fix problems on our Websites and in our Services and Software. We may also use your information to help our customer support services identify and resolve specific issues and problems experienced by you and other Website, Service, and Software users.
- To manage your account preferences. We may use your account preference information to retain your profile and registration information for use later with other Versus Evil games, products, and services.
- To identify misuse. We may use the information we receive from you to identify misuse of our Websites, Services, and Software, including unauthorized use, whether potential, threatened, unauthorized or unwanted.
- To identify trends. We may use your information to identify trends and to access user traffic for our planning and service needs. We may track our Websites, Services, and Software using aggregated data and information, including certain transaction and demographic information, to analyze trends, administer the Websites, Services, and Software, track your actions and use of the Websites, Services, and Software.
- To track purchases and fulfill orders. The information that you provide on order forms is used for billing and accounting purposes. As examples only, we may use this information for recording the products and services that you have licensed, purchased, or downloaded, and to fill these orders. Versus Evil and our authorized distributors and third-party business partners may use this information to communicate with you regarding your orders, products, services, and fees and charges. We do not directly access, store, or collect your credit card information, and we will not use the payment information we collect from you except as needed to fulfill your purchase and/or communicate with you regarding your transactions.
- To share with third-party shipping and credit card companies. We may use the information we obtain from you to process and ship orders through third-party shipping companies and business partners. We may also use outside credit card processing companies to process payments for goods and services that you purchase from us or through our third-party business partners and affiliates. These companies have access to your user information in order to perform these functions. Versus Evil will not authorize these third-party providers to use personally identifiable information, except for the purpose related to these goods or services.
- To share with our third-party business partners and affiliates. We may share aggregated demographic and usage information with our third-party business partners and affiliates, including our advertisers. We do not link this aggregated information to any personal information that can identify you personally.
- To share with certain third-parties. On occasion, we may partner with third-parties to provide specific goods and services. When you sign up for these goods or services, we will share your name or other information necessary for the third-party to provide these goods or services. Versus Evil will not authorize these third-party providers to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose related to these goods or services.
- To facilitate advertising. We may use the information that we collect from you to enable our third party advertisers to manage advertising services.
- To develop new products and services. We may use the information that we collect from you to develop new products, services, and refine ideas. In aggregate, this information provides us with timely information regarding trends, likes and dislikes, and other valuable planning information.
- In the event of an acquisition or merger. In the event that Versus Evil undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or a portion of our assets, including in connection with the sale or other transfer of a game or product or service, we may share, disclose or transfer all of your information, including personal information, to the successor organization.
- To ensure your safety and the safety of our other users. We may use the information we obtain from you in order to ensure that our Websites, Services, and Software are safe for you, Versus Evil’s employees, and third-parties.
- To notify you of new products and services. We may use certain information we collect from you to develop and send email, news, newsletters, and other means of new products and services, loyalty programs, contests and sweepstakes, feature announcements, product updates, and new product features. If you do not wish to receive these kinds of communications, you can opt-out by sending an email to http://antihero-game.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=9d8718160c6d79ab890e3cbc9&id=370e3b5a13&e=&c=989fad010f
How We Keep Your Information Secure. We take commercially reasonable security measures to protect you and the information we collect from you from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, and destruction. These security measures may include practices such as keeping your sensitive data on a secured server behind a firewall, transmitting sensitive information (such as a credit card number) entered on our site or mobile application using secure socket layer technology (SSL), internal reviews of our data collection practices and platforms, and physical security measures that guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your information. Please understand that regardless of the efforts we take, no security system is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee that the information we collect or the communications between you and Versus Evil, including through our Websites, Services, or Software will be free from unauthorized access by third-parties. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of your user information at any time.
Passwords. Occasionally, our Websites, Services, and Software use passwords, and it is your responsibility to protect these. Do not share your password with any third-parties. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should change it immediately. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Using our Blogs, Forums, and other Online Functions. Our Websites, Services, and Software may allow you to contribute to blogs, forums, boards, to receive and participate in newsfeeds, to provide others with status updates and posting made by us and other Website Services, and Software users, and to otherwise post, share, and contribute information publicly, whether through messages, invitations, chats, photos, wall posts, and other functions (“Public Postings”).
Nothing requires you to disclose your identity to others through Public Postings, and you should always keep in mind that these will be visible to anyone who has access to our Websites, Services, or Software. In certain instances, this same information may be visible through general Internet searches and other means of obtaining Internet information. For example, certain software tools and technology may allow non-affiliated third-parties to copy, cut, and/or post your Public Postings to different locations (including to websites that not owned or operated by Versus Evil). This may result in the unauthorized use of your Public Posting information and your unwanted disclosure of this same information to third-party websites, for which Versus Evil is not responsible, and, in some cases, may subject you to liability for the disclosure, including, without limitation, for copyright infringement.
You should always exercise caution in all your Public Postings, and we recommend you do not provide or disclose any personal information when using our Websites, Services, and Software. If you choose to disclose your identity to third-parties using any Website or Service function or service, you do so at your own risk. Neither Versus Evil nor our third-party business partners and affiliates or developers are responsible for the privacy or security of any information, personal or otherwise, when you choose to communicate or exchange such information using the functionality of the Websites, Services, and Software.
To request removal of your personal information from our public forums, contact us email@example.com. In the event that we cannot remove your personal information for technical reasons, we will let notify you and let you know why such removal is not possible.
Links. Our Websites, Services, and Software may contain links to other sites. Versus Evil is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and services, and we encourage our users to be aware that when they leave our Websites, Services, and Software through these links, they should always read and understand the privacy policies of these sites, especially those that collect personally identifiable information.
Security. All personally identifiable information stored on our Websites, Services, and Software is encrypted. If you have any questions about the security, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correcting and Updating Personal Information. If you would like to make changes to your personally identifiable information (such as an email address or zip code), please contact us at email@example.com.
Sharing with Law Enforcement and Complying with Government Requests. We may release information concerning your use of our Websites, Services, and Software (including, but not limited to, posted public postings, registration information, and network records) when (a) we believe in good faith that such release is appropriate; (b) to comply with the law (for example, pursuant to a statutory demand, subpoena, warrant, or court order); (c) to protect against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of our Websites, Services, and Software, and to protect our rights and property (including the rights and property of our third-party business partners and affiliates); (d) to enforce any contract between you and Versus Evil, including with our third-party business partners and affiliates; and (e) if we reasonably believe that a situation involving danger of death or injury to any person requires disclosure.
Versus Evil stores our Websites, Services, and Software information on servers primarily located in the United States. By submitting your data and/or information through or on our Websites, Services, or Software, you consent to the transfer, storing, and processing of your data in the United States.
If you have questions at any time, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org You can also contact us via postal mail at P.O. Box 482, Phoenix, MD 21131.
Copyright © 2016. Versus Evil LLC. All Rights Reserved.